March 24, 2010

More Vintage Brooches

While thrifting on the weekend, I couldn't resist buying a few more vintage brooches!  I'm not sure how I acquired so many in such a short period of time, but I probably wear a vintage brooch three times a week now.  So I am getting use of out them!  I've been watching the TV show Hoarders lately and haven't seen large collections of brooches, so I don't think this is an issue yet!  And they take up so little space....
 I've already worn the owl pin, which I think is from Avon.  I wasn't going to purchase the flower one, since I wear very little pink, but my sister convinced me to (OK, I didn't put up much resistance!).  And I thought the Christmas one was not too tacky, like some of them are.

On the renovation front...the drywallers are finished and the tile floor is half completed.  Which means that Hus and I will be painting on the weekend.  That is good news since we will be able to drive 'home' for Easter weekend!  We also have to go to our hometown for Easter since I have to pick up something else I bought in the Lower Mainland. My sister will be transporting it in her van, and we'll take it back from there.  Till next time....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pink flower is so darling, so glad you bought it! Perfect to ring in spring ....

mykidzmom said...

Lol, I have the Christmas one too. My grandmother gave it to me.