May 09, 2014

A few weeks worth of garage sale/thrift store treasures

Here are some random things I've purchased over the last few weeks.  Okay, months. 

I think I bought these vintage mini-serving forks and knives (sorry - Dinkee knives) way back in February.     

Why? Because I always fantasize about inviting people over and serving appetizers.  But, I've been too busy to do it, and we don't really have many friends here yet.  And, I loved that they had their original boxes and were only $1.99 at Value Village.

More recently, I went to the Salvation Army and found these great hard-board placemats.  
They were a little pricey at $8.99, but are brand-new and I've been looking out for some for years.  When we went to England several years ago, all the B&B's had these placemats.  So sturdy and easy to wipe off!  Now, if I could only find Linda McCartney vegetarian sausages here!  They are the best.

Last weekend our next door neighbour had a garage sale, and I snagged this '70s footstool for my retro rumpus room and bar for $5 bucks.
Her husband had added wheels to the bottom; I may take them off. I'm not sure yet.  And she threw in this 1975 Avon perfume pin! 
I'll have to find someway to incorporate it into Easter decorations next year.  That means I'll actually have to put up Easter decorations.

4 comments:

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

I love the little forks! A bunch of my girlfriends and I used to have monthly parties. I always took February and had a Mardi Gras theme. We did it for years and went all out. I'd even have food shipped in from New Orleans. We finally stopped, and I don't entertain a lot anymore, but I'm still a sucker for party stuff.

Reduce, Reuse and Rummage said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

OMG I remember those Avon pins - I think I had one! Great finds.

Anonymous said...

Love the Pimpernel placemats. We found a set for $1.50 each at our VOA store- they had them in the "art and picture frame" section. Now I'm on the lookout for these-they're wonderful and indestructable.