December 05, 2011

Crafty Repurposing

Sometimes I like kitschy crafts too much.  On the weekend, I found myself invariably drawn towards this crocheted scrubby + potholder set.  Maybe it was the Christmas colours, or maybe because it was only $3.00 at a craft sale fundraiser.
But the best part was when I looked closer....the crafter used an old CD to be the rigid base of the potholder.
This seems to be one of the best ways I've seen CDs, CD-ROMS & DVDs repurposed.  Usually they end up as a sun catcher or ornament, but I like this idea better.  This set is going to be a gift for someone who recently started to host her family Christmas dinners.  Hopefully, she likes it...if not she only has to use it once a year!

4 comments:

Hausfrau said...

What a curious find. Wouldn't it be funny if the CD she used were one of those intolerably sappy Christmas music collections?

Jeannie Marie said...

I can't tell you how many CD's I tossed out when I moved this year. But I love the mat. A lot.

Reduce, Reuse and Rummage said...

HF, I couldn't tell what type she used. Hopefully, not sappy Christmas music, though! Is there any other type?

Bindu said...

That is a great idea. I thought the CD cannot withstand heat. Going to try one for myself soon.