December 31, 2010

Short-term and Long-term Resolutions

I tend to think of New Year's resolutions as not necessarily having to be completed in a one-year time frame.  Life is a work in progress, so resolutions should be the same.  I had a resolution about 4 or 5 years ago to be able to run 10 kilometres comfortably (i.e. not feeling like I was going to die afterwards!)  I didn't actually achieve that goal that particular year; but have run about 4 10K races since then.  
My next running goal is to run a half-marathon.  This isn't necessarily a New Year's resolution, but I hope to start training for it this year; but won't beat myself up if it doesn't actually get completed this year.
But I do have a few short term resolutions.  These aren't life-changing or difficult things to do, but I hope to get to them in the next few months.


1. Blog.  Restart the "reducing myself Monday" posts, to keep a focus on my eating and exercising. Add newly discovered blogs to my blog list.
2. Exercise. Re-join belly dancing classes.  First class is next Friday. 
3. Entertainment. Organize a board games night.
4. DeCluttering. Clean out my work office; donate books.
5. Food.  Discover and cook new vegan recipes.







No comments: