July 20, 2010

Back from Vacation

Sorry dear readers, I was away for a while on vacation and even though I got back over a week ago, I've been procrastinating about posting.  How come the longer you put blogging off, the harder it is to get back to it?

Hus and I drove the Oregon Coast and then spent almost a week in Portland - including the July 4th weekend.  The Coast was magnificent especially since we had great weather!  We spent a lot of time strolling on beaches, popping our heads into unique shops, eating lots of seafood, and touring historical sites and lighthouses.  Just what a great vacation should be!  We especially enjoyed Astoria and Newport.
Some photos....
 This is in McMinnville 
(strangers who didn't realize I was taking a picture of them)
Hus at Cook's Chasm
Sunset at Newport

And just as I had suspected from reading blogs penned by Oregonians, the thrifting, vintage, and consignment shopping was fabulous!  Unfortunately, since we flew in and out of Portland I had to keep it at a minimum, so I only really bought clothing and jewelry (what a surprise!).  I will post about that at a later date. 

No comments: