April 25, 2010

Totally 80s jewellery

So after thinking I had quite enough vintage jewelery, I happened to stop into Liquidation World. At the front of the store was a huge bin of jewelery in little plastic baggies marked down from .25 cents each, to .10 cents each.  After a cursory look, I started feeling like a teenaged girl again, because of all the styles and colours of earrings that I used to wear when I was 12(?).  Here are two of the styles that I bought, and probably will wear - because no one will be able to see them because of my hairstyle....
 I actually wore the blue ones last night.  All of this jewelery was made in Canada or the USA, and I started to carry on this internal dialog with myself asking "how OLD is all this stuff?"  Well, it didn't take too long to pinpoint a date for it, because I came across a movie tie-in in the form of a pair of earrings.  That I naturally bought (after all it was only 10 cents!)....
 E.T.! E. friggin' T.  All this jewelery has been floating around in back room warehouses since 1982!  That's 28 years!  I was 9 years old and remember going to E.T. with my oldest sister and her boyfriend who drove a VW beetle (when it wasn't all that old!)


Well, I suppose that this bin of jewelery does qualify as vintage.  So I picked up a few more pieces.... some necklaces...


And two cocktail rings, which I was thrilled to discover, when I got home, were Sarah Coventry....



I am still shaking my head about how this old jewelery is still showing up - and all for under one dollar!  I am thinking of going back to scour that bin further, but I embarrassed to say that I already rummaged through it for over half an hour. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't be embarrassed - I would have done the same. Love the SC cocktail ring - what I find! The ET stud earrings are a hoot....