April 24, 2010

Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in

I had a real Godfather moment this weekend....


On Friday, I dropped off about six boxes of various things to donate to a fund-raising garage sale.  I perused the other donations, but was able to withstand taking anything home with me (despite a vintage boxed and never-used cake and cooky press - you know the spelling of cookie made it old!).  Success!  My home will remain decluttered.

This morning, I thought about garage sales as soon as I woke up, but thought "no, I'll just go grocery shopping as planned."  While I was at the checkout at the grocery store, I noticed that the grocery store itself was having a garage sale to fundraise for the Cancer Relay just outside of its back door!  Well, it pulled me it - just when I thought I was out!  But, despite ogling a bunch of glassware, I only came away with this really cool and intricate citrus juicer for one dollar....
 Then, just when I thought I was up to the eyeball in vintage jewelery, I found a whole heap of 80s stuff for just 10 cents a piece at the liquidation centre next door........how could I resist?  Story and photos to follow in the next post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hee hee, that's so funny that you go grocery shopping and you find a garage sale! Looking forward to your 80s costume jewellery finds!!