April 16, 2010

Garage Sales and decluttering

We are in the process of moving furniture, dishes, etc back upstairs into our newly renovated kitchen and living area.  We are spring decluttering at the same time.  So, for the next few weeks I am going to try to stay away from the garage sales which are just starting in our area.  In fact, what we declutter I am going to be donating to a garage sale to benefit women's development programs overseas.


Unfortunately, one garage sale already came to me.  There was one at my school as a fundraiser on Wednesday, so I was obligated to go in to support it!  Luckily, there wasn't much I needed or wanted, but I did come away with this pewter bookmark that shouldn't take up too much space.


With my appetite whetted, I couldn't resist looking at the garage sale section of the local online listings.  This was the first one my eyes fell on, and dissuaded me for looking further or even contemplating going to garage sales this weekend.   Can you see why?

Saturday April 17 10:00Am to 3:00Pm
MULTI-FAMILY SALE
Garden tools, wheel barrel, large freezer, wood whipper snippier, lawn mower, crap traps and many more items.

What a reminder about decluttering and a Freudian slip!  Why do I need to go buy crap traps since I am perfectly capable of attracting it myself!  I also can't see the need for a 'wheel barrel' nor a fancy french 'whipper snippier.'

No comments: