March 09, 2010

Ditch Diving Deja Vu

Remember a few weeks ago, when Hus, Dog and I collected over $3 worth of bottles on our morning walk?  

On Sunday, we took the same route and collected approximately the same amount or even more!

The only way that I can see how that happened, are that people are pigs!  I suspect that spring also has more teenagers walking about and throwing their cans and bottles to the side of the road.  What happened to them being the 'green' generation?  

I am also amazed at the amazing variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage containers we collected.  Hus and I drink very few (non-alcoholic) bottled beverages.  Doing the South Beach Diet six years ago curbed our consumption of juice and sodas (although other sugar has crept back into our diet).

We do, unfortunately, drink wine.  I would love to buy the large boxes for the savings and less packaging, but don't particularly want that much wine at our house at one time!

Well, I guess we need the return-fee, for our renos.  As you can see in the picture, our old electrical panel is in the background.  The electricians are here right now installing pot lights, moving electrical outlets etc., and we still have to get the bill for the work they did a few weeks ago!

No comments: