February 11, 2010

Bad Day Makeover

Work over the past two days have been awful.  Well, actually not the work itself, but the dysfunction of the workplace and the silly power games.  I came home at 3:30 and felt emotionally and physically wiped.  


But by 5:00 I felt refreshed again.  What did I do?  I looked at a few funny sites on the internet (including awkwardfamilyphotos.com) and played with the dog for about a half hour!  I don't know what it is, but chasing the dog around the house (and vice versa) and wrestling with him always picks me up.  Perhaps because dogs' needs are so simple, and playing with him allows me to be totally in the moment.  Actually, I have to be in the moment because he weighs 70 pounds so I have to watch it!


Then I made our Friday night pizza (a day early since we are invited out to dinner tomorrow).  Hus had to go to a meeting tonight so I am home alone; which means that besides writing this post, I am also engaging in my favourite guilty pleasure - watching Survivor.


I told myself I wasn't going to watch this season, but I can't help myself!  Hus always says he can't believe that someone as intelligent as myself would watch such crap; but I'll tell him he shouldn't have left me alone tonight.


Go Stephanie, Amanda and Russell!

No comments: