November 06, 2010

Perfect Saturday

So far, I'm having a great Saturday.  The weather is still mild and I took the dog out for a walk this morning.  A friend and I planned to go to a craft fair in a neighbouring town, but she wanted to sleep in and go later in the morning, leaving me enough time to check out the thrift shops!

I found a great good-quality shirt by Lole for $3.
I already have a sleeveless white one in this style, which I quite like.


And I also bought a mid-century advent calendar.  I probably didn't need it, but could justify purchasing it since it was only a quarter, I don't already own one, and I'm a sucker for vintage paper goods.

There were a few things I didn't buy that I would have liked to :-(  I saw a Kathie Winkle bowl for my set, but the glazing was so cracked that it looked yellow.  I also saw a huge box of spooled vintage ribbons.  I surreptitiously took a picture of them (this is the first time I've taken a picture at a thrift store btw)....

 If I was a crafter like many of the bloggers I follow, I would have had use for them since there was so many different sizes and colours, but alas, I'm not.


As soon as I got back home, my friend phoned and I went to pick her up.  We gabbed and gossiped on the ride there and arrived at the craft fair at about lunch time.  I did buy a few small gifts, and bought something for myself as well.  It is this great casserole holder/carrier.  We tend to go to a lot of potlucks and I'm always improvising by wrapping a towel around my dish and putting into whatever cardboard box I have lying around. Well no more....

And the fact that the fabric is so cute really cinched the deal!  And as luck would have it, I have a potluck to go to tomorrow evening!  I think I will be making a seafood lasagna, as we are baking a salmon tonight and will have leftovers to go into the lasagna tomorrow.


After being so busy lately, the end to my perfect Saturday will by staying home tonight.  Maybe I'll get in the bathtub with my mystery novel!  Or maybe we'll watch a movie! Or go to bed early! 

2 comments:

acorn hollow said...

It sounds like you had a perfectly lovely day. and evening planed. I really like an advent calender. just a fun way to count down.
cathy

Reduce, Reuse and Rummage said...

Thanks Cathy! I ended up watching a bunch of taped episodes of "Boardwalk Empire" and eating popcorn with Hus. so it was a nice evening.