November 15, 2010

The Motherload

I think I've mentioned several times in this blog that I am collecting Kathie Winkle dishes, like the ones my family had when I was small....well, this weekend I hit the motherload!  Hus and I were down in Coquitlam and on the bus, when I wistfully said that a Value Village was coming up.  Hus asked if I wanted to stop, so we did.  As we were walking in he mentioned that he hadn't been in a Value Village for over ten years.  Immediately inside the door was the housewares.  I was looking high and low and said "have a look if you see any dishes in that pattern I'm collecting" and Hus immediately said "like these?"  I looked up and he was pointing to a massive pile of the very dishes!  
 And the dishes were all marked at .99 cents each, which is a bargain for Value Village!  Some of them were in very good condition and some were quite marked up, so I was a little choosy.  We came away with 4 cups and saucers, 6 side plates, 6 bowls and 6 dinner plates!  Hus is a good luck charm!  But, for my family who reads this blog; I would ideally like a set of 10-12, so please keep looking.  

3 comments:

acorn hollow said...

doesn't it just make your day when you find a great deal and what you have long been looking for.
have a great day
Cathy

Carpe Diem said...

Don't buy any more dinner plates.... I picked up 8 today for 75 cents each! I guess I'll hold on to them until someone goes out your way, or you come to visit (hint hint) ;)

I was disappointed you had to go home and couldn't join us for the mid century sale.

Reduce, Reuse and Rummage said...

I know, I would have loved to come with you. Thanks for picking them up for me! Funny that when it rains, it pours!