March 02, 2010

Mid-Century Prints

Like a lot of other bloggers, I am eagerly awaiting the garage sale season to start.  I already have one marked on my calendar.  I thought I would share with you my last garage sale purchase from last fall. Why?  Because people seem to like looking at used crap other people buy.  I certainly do!

Although I don't think these prints are crap.  I've looked online and found them for sale for $25-$30 each, unframed.  I bought three for $5, professionally framed.


 
 
I've never been to Paris, but love the style of these prints.  I especially love the mid-century people all decked out in modish clothing: slim pants, pencil skirts, pillbox hats etc.  

I only hope I'm lucky enough to find such great things again in the upcoming garage sale season!

1 comment:

jamie@midcenturymania said...

I love those prints. I posted about an oil painting with the same subject matter as your prints awhile back. (pyrex and a painting in sidebar archives) Aren't they the kind of prints you just want to crawl into? What a deal for those!